CSA Ocean Sciences GIS Applications Developer will be responsible for designing, developing, testing and maintaining a variety of GIS web solutions. Duties include modification of existing and building of new custom applications to deliver and receive data through the internet; automate procedures and specialized tasks; diagnose problems associated with GIS programs, scripts, tools, procedures, systems, and applications; develop, recommend, and implement effective, efficient, innovative, and timely solutions to support customer GIS development needs; manage GIS server environments and inventory; serve as a subject matter expert and advisor to internal and external customers on issues regarding GIS development as well as associated hardware, software, procedures, and related geospatial data.
APPLICANT MUST HAVE CURRENT AND LONG-TERM ELIGIBILITY TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. CSA IS NOT INITIATING OR TRANSFERRING H-1B VISAS.
- Design, develop, test, and maintain a variety of GIS web solutions;
- Modify existing and build new custom applications to deliver and receive spatial data through the internet;
- Work collaboratively and productively in a small agile team with minimal oversight;
- Develop software in a fast-paced environment to meet client-driven deadlines;
- Diagnose and resolve problems associated with GIS programs, scripts, tools, procedures, systems, and applications to minimize the business interruptions;
- Manage GIS server environments and inventory;
- Serve as a subject matter expert and advisor to internal and external customers on issues regarding GIS development.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing;
- Adapt and learn new skills;
- Solve problems with critical thinking skills;
- Express complex concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing to diverse groups of people;
- Handle stressful situations and effectively prioritize work during critical deadline-driven conditions;
- Initiate and maintain exemplary working relationships with other technology workers and business customers.
Required Technical Skills/Experience:
- Development of enterprise map-based asset management and decision support applications;
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS Server 10.1 and above;
- Design and develop web services components for cross-application solutions;
- Developing and maintaining cached maps;
- Developing ESRI ArcGIS Server applications that interface with ArcSDE geodatabases and other map services;
- Experience with ESRI ArcSDE 10.1/SQL Server 2008 R2/2012 geodatabases;
- Developing and maintaining web-based and mobile ArcGIS server applications;
- Implementing security to limit read and edit access to mapping applications;
- Experience with natural resources GIS data;
- 1 year experience utilizing SQL;
- Develop code (.NET and C#) with an emphasis on both front-end methodologies and server-side programming;
- Experience working with systems built on Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0 and above (ASP.NET and Windows Forms);
- Experience working with web sites built on Microsoft IIS 6 and above;
- Experience developing technical documentation needed for maintaining and updating GIS map applications, and user documentation needed for effective application implementation.
Additional Preferred Skills: GeoServer, OpenLayers, Postgres/PostGIS, HTML5, Hadoop, MongoDB
CSA Ocean Sciences Inc. is interested in contacting qualified, experienced marine mammal and turtle observers for potential aerial and shipboard surveys. These are temporary positions (hourly compensation with no additional benefits) that become available when we are awarded an MMO/PAM project. Objectives of projects can include:
- Seasonal distribution and abundance;
- Mitigation and monitoring of potential effects from oil and gas development and disturbance, including visual and passive acoustic (PAM) monitoring surveys during geophysical (seismic) surveys; and
- Photography and photoidentification and cataloging.
Observers may participate in surveys at a variety of domestic and international locations. Depending on the survey, this position may require substantial time spent in the field. To be added to our MMO/PAM database, submit a cover letter with CV/resume to
D. Hopler, CSA Ocean Sciences Inc.,
8502 SW Kansas Ave
Stuart, FL 34997